Manufacturing Day is an annual celebration of modern manufacturing during which manufacturers invite their communities – including students, educators, business people, media, and politicians – to their facilities in a collective effort to educate visitors about manufacturing career opportunities and improve public perceptions of manufacturing.
Started in 2012, MFG DAY has seen participation grow dramatically over the years.
Additional Manufacturing Facts:
- For every $1.00 spent in manufacturing, another $1.89 is added to the economy.
- Manufacturers have one of the highest percentages of workers who are eligible for health benefits provided by their employer.
- Over the next decade, nearly 3.5 million manufacturing jobs will likely be needed, and 2 million are expected to go unfilled due to the skills gap.
- Taken alone, manufacturing in the United States would be the ninth-largest economy in the world.
- Manufacturers in the United States perform more than three-quarters of all private-sector research and development (R&D) in the nation, driving more innovation than any other sector.
This year Fort Recovery Industries, Inc. will participate in MFG Day by hosting students from a local high school. Click here to view the MFG Day website.